1. Two Americans – Charles Creighton and James Hargis in 1930 made one of the famous “record” travel by car. They traveled distance from New York to Los Angeles in 42 days in reverse gear.
2. The fastest truck among the trucks is the Hawaiian Eagle jet-powered truck.
3. The German Liebherr T 282B is the largest earth-hauling dump truck.
4. PeelP50 is the smallest car in the history.
5. When car radio appeared in cars, some states wanted to ban it, arguing that it could distract drivers’ attention.
6. The first production car was the Ford Model T, it was manufactured from 1908 to 1927.
7. To make the first million cars, Henry Ford’s company took 7 years. And after 132 working days – in 1924 – Ford has already made 10 million cars.
8. the first car, which exceeded the speed of 100 km / h, was an electric car. It was designed in 1899 by race driver Camille Jenatzy from Belgium.
9. DeLorean Motor Company released only one car – DeLorean DMC-12 .
10. Bugatti Veyron – the most expensive production car in the world, its cost exceeds 1.7 million dollars.
11. In Finland, Lada Kalina was renamed Lada 119, due to the fact that Kalina from the local dialect is translated as a crash or rattle.
12. The cheapest car in the world is Indian Tata Nano, its cost is only 2.5 thousand dollars.
13. Lamborghini started his business with the production of tractors.
14. Ferrari has long been a division of Alfa-Romeo
15. The first car accident occurred in 1891, in Ohio.
16. The world’s first car with gasoline engine was designed by Karl Benz in 1885.
17. In the USA, in the state of Rhode Island, drivers are forbidden to carry beer in the car, even if it is sealed.
18. The fastest time to remove the car engine and replace it with a new one was 42 seconds.
19. in Porsche cars, the ignition key is located to the left side of the steering wheel.
20. To date, Volkswagen owns companies such as Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Audi, Ducati, SEAT, Scania, Man SE, Skoda and Porsche.
21. One of the biggest traffic jams in the history by car was in the Netherlands due to ice, the traffic was 975 km long.
22. Mercedes Benz W125 has developed the highest recorded speed on the autobahn in Germany – 432 km / h. It happened in 1938.
23. The Swedish company SAAB was founded in 1937, but initially produced only military aircraft.
24. In Paris, the bus is the fastest mode of transport because for buses there are different lanes.
25. 92% of all new cars sold in Brazil use ethanol as a fuel, which is produced from sugar cane.
26. In Formula 1 racing, women can participate on an equal basis with men. However, in the whole history of the competition, only five women took part.
27. “The smell of a new car” consists of more than 50 volatile organic compounds and not always safe for human health.
28. On average, each car consists of approximately 30,000 parts.
29. The longest car in the world is a limousine 30.5 meters long.
30. Windshield wipers were introduced by a woman.
31. 1950 Cadillac El Dorado was equipped with a mini-bar located in the glove box.
32. The smallest armored vehicle is PAV1 Badger, created by Howe and Howe Technologies.
33. At a top speed of 408 km / h, Bugatti Veyron will consume the entire fuel reserve (with a 26-liter tank) in just over 10 minutes.
34. In 1916, 55 percent of the total number of cars in the world were Ford T cars. This record has never been beaten.
35. In 1924 Ford’s car was worth $ 265.
36. The Renault-Nissan Alliance is the largest automaker in the world today.
37. Toyota and Volkswagen are second and third largest automaker in the world.
38. According to statistics, 66% of drivers at the wheel listen to music, 53% talk with passengers, 27% communicate on a mobile phone, 9% manage to eat and drink, and 2% even shave and paint.
39. When Jai Singh, Maharaja Alwar visited the Rolls-Royce showroom in London, the seller considered that he would not have enough money for such a car. The insulted Maharaja bought ten Rolls-Royce, sent it to India , where he used cars as garbage trucks.
40. The first license plates appeared not on cars, but on horse-drawn carriages.
41. The BMW M5 engine is so quiet that the sound of the engine running is reproduced through the speakers so that the driver knows that the motor is running.
42. Bill Gates brought a Porsche 959 supercar even before this car became legal in the US.
43. The Alfa Romeo logo shows a snake that devours a person.
44. According to 2010 reports, there are approximately 1 billion motor vehicles on the road.
45. The first car, equipped with three-point seat belts, was released in 1959 by Volvo.
46. The world’s first “Rolls-Royce” was worth $ 600,000 (1906).
47. The most popular discovery in the automotive industry is considered to be the discovery of an internal combustion engine, when Carl Benz first installing it on the car.
48. Porsche in the 60s produced not only cars, but also tractors.
49. Every day around the world produces about 165,000 cars of different brands.
50. On January 1, 1910, the first racing car under the Alfa Romeo brand was produced.
51. According to data from 2008, there are only nine traffic lights in Cairo, where more than 18 million people live.
52. South African law allows for any degree of self-defense when it comes to the threat to life or property of a person. To protect vehicles from theft, traps, electric shock and even flamethrowers are popular.
53. Volkswagen in German means “people’s car”.
54. The first traffic light appeared in 1868 in London.
55. The first gearbox was invented by Louis Reno in 1900.
56. A person spends about 5 months of his life in waiting on red light.
57. Approximately one out of 4 cars in the world comes from China.
58. Millions of animals are killed every week by vehicles.
59. The logo of Mercedes-Benz represents its domination on land, sea and air.
60. More than 3,000 people die every day in car accidents.